CHRISTINA L., LEAD TEACHER
Christina has a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of St. Mary in Early Childhood Education. She has over 10 years experience working with children of all ages including administration experience. Ms. Christina is First Aid and CPR certified and works 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- A balanced room where children can feel safe to refine and practice social and life skills
- Children continue practicing the structures of group care that will help to ease the transition into kindergarten and the school system. Teachers are aware of school expectations and work on these with the children.
- The environment is changed to support the lesson plans
- This room is licensed for up to ten children
- Lesson plans consist of activities in social emotional growth, motor skill development, acquisition of language, cognitive development and Christianity
- Activities are planned using individual time, small groups, large groups, and music and movement
- An emphasis is placed on the three areas of math concepts: number and operations, spatial relationships and measurements
- Children are exposed to all areas of develoment through theme-based units that encourage exploration and curiosity
- Children continue practicing writing skills by participating in activities that work their small muscle group
- During the summer, this class has special activities and field trips each week
- Teacher encourages and welcomes parent participation and involvement