VICKI G., LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Vicki has a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education and had two years of experience working with children prior to joining our center in 2014. She works 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is CPR and First Aid certified.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CLASS SYLLABUS
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR A 3 YEAR OLD CHILD
- An engaging, structured environment that helps children learn through routines and both group and individual activities.
- Children have three hours of free play per day
- The environment is changed to support the lesson plans
- This room is licensed for up to twelve children
- Lesson plans consist of activities in social emotional growth, motor skill development, acquisition of language, cognitive development and Christianity
- Activities are planned using individual time, small groups, large groups, and music and movement
- Children are exposed to all areas of development through theme-based units that encourage exploration and curiosity
- Children begin exploring the structures of group care that will help to ease the transition into kindergarten and the school system
- Teacher reads to children in group and individual settings
- Teacher continues to solidify potty training skills by working closely with parents to ensure continuity between home and school
- Teacher encourages and welcomes parent participation and involvement