KAREN B., LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Karen earned a Bachelor’s degree in Family and Consumer Sciences with an emphasis in Early Childhood Development and worked with children for over six years before joining our center in 2017. She works 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is First Aid and CPR certified.
CARLY G., ASSISTANT TEACHER
Ms. Carly started caring for children part time in 2013 and joined our center full time in 2018. She works 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CLASS SYLLABUS
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR A 4 YEAR OLD CHILD
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR A 5 YEAR OLD CHILD
- An exciting room where children feel safe to refine kindergarten readiness and social skills
- Children refine their skills using the structures of group care that will help ease the transition into kindergarten and the school system. Teachers are aware of school expectations and work on them with the children.
- The environment is changed to support the lesson plans
- This room is licensed for up to 24 children
- Lesson plans consist of activities in social emotional growth, motor skill development, acquisition of language, cognitive development and Christianity
- Activities are planned using individual time, small groups, large groups, and music and movement
- An emphasis is placed on the three areas of math concepts: number and operations, spatial relationships and measurements
- Children are exposed to all areas of development through theme-based units that encourage exploration and curiosity
- Children continue practicing writing skills by participating in activities that work their small muscle group
- During the summer, this class has special activities and field trips each week
- Teacher encourages and welcomes parent participation and involvement