Bug Garden (18-30 months)
TALITA L., LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Talita grew up in England and studied Early Childhood Education there before moving here and beginning work on a degree in Social Work. She worked with children for over three years before joining our team in 2017 and she is First Aid and CPR certified.
BECCA S., ASSISTANT TEACHER
Ms. Becca had over three years experience as a nanny or babysitter when she joined our center in 2016. She is First Aid and CPR certified and works 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CLASS SYLLABUS
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR AN 18 MONTH OLD CHILD
- CDC DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES FOR A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD
- An energetic, language-rich class where children's individual personalities and needs are nurtured.
- Teachers respect toddlers' solitary and parallel play. Toys are plentiful with more than one of the same thing.
- Teachers model taking turns and playing with the children
- The small class size allows the teachers to meet the children's individual needs
- This classroom is licensed for up to ten children
- Children have three hours of free play per day to explore
- The environment is changed to support the lesson plans. Materials are kept on low, open shelves for the children to have easy access to them.
- Lesson plans consist of activities in social emotional growth, motor skill development, acquisition of language, cognitive development and Christianity
- Activities are planned using individual time, small groups, large groups, and music and movement
- Teachers read to children in group and individual settings
- Teachers encourage and welcome parent participation and involvement